Author(s): Sue E. Meiner; Jennifer J. Yeager
- Comprehensive assessment guidelines identify findings that are normal, deviate from normal, and abnormal.
- A separate Health Promotion chapter and specialty boxes provide information related to promoting healthy lifestyles and preventing disease.
- Detailed coverage of pain, infection, cancer, chronic illness, loss, death and dying, and substance abuse explains the complex aspects of aging and related care.
- Cultural Influences chapter and Cultural Awareness boxes focus on clients' specific customs and how they affect your nursing care.
- Client/Family Teaching boxes help you communicate effectively on self-care.
- Home Care Tips boxes promote practical, effective care for the homebound older client.
- Emergency Treatment boxes highlight critical care in emergency situations.
- Nutrition boxes discuss the special nutritional needs and concerns of an aging population.
- Key points help you remember what you've read, and critical thinking activities help expand learned concepts.
- Up-to-date content includes the latest on hip and knee replacement, Lyme disease, lactose intolerance, upper respiratory infections, current arthritis therapies and treatments, and expanded information on abuse of older adults.
- Unique Nursing Care Plans link NANDA-I nursing diagnoses, NIC priority interventions for specific conditions, and NOC suggested outcomes for guidance in providing appropriate care.
- Unique Evidence-Based Practice boxes help you apply the research leading to better outcomes of nursing care.
- Unique Nursing Process boxes provide quick and easy access to care information.